Blog Archive

REALITY....SHOWS!

I realise that this is supposed to be a pageant-related blog, but since there really is nothing to get excited about on the SA pageant front at present, let's turn our attention to one of my other favourite "couch potato" past-times, reality shows.

My absolute favourite is undoubtedly Idols. Whilst it is a "talent" search, physical appearance does play a very important part in the outcome of the contest, and a number of current and past contestants wouldn't look out of place in a local pageant given the quality of pageant contestants of late.

Whilst my favourite contestant changes after every performance, I have a core group of five contestants that I feel are equally deserving of the title, and I wouldn't mind if any one of them won. My current favourite is Jason, although I did not have him in my initial group of favourites. My other favourites are/were Lize (voted off), Ntsepa (voted off), Sasha-Lee, and Thandi, in no particular order.

To be honest, I liked nine of the ten finalists. The only contestant that I really, really, really dislike is Graeme. He just works on my last nerve. Everything about him. His look, his voice, his personality. Why people are still voting for him is beyond me. Enough already!

In any event, I'll just hold thumbs that one of my faves is the last one standing.