Blog Archive

MISS USA 2009

I suppose I'd better jump on the band-wagon and try my hand at predicting the winner of Miss USA. To be honest, I have no clear favourite (although I love the big-haired, wide-eyed, pageant patty Miss Texas) and I am copping out by naming only those contestants who I think will make the Top 15.

With any multi-cultural society I suppose one needs to get the correct race/religion/political affiliation ratio when selecting a Top 15 for fear of being accused of racism or discrimination or prejudice. Since I have not really studied the contestant profiles, my selection is based purely on facial and physical appeal, and also includes those whom I believe will be included in the group of semi-finalists.

The only thing I can say with certainty is, that based on physical beauty alone, any one of 40 contestants at Miss USA could have won the Miss SA pageant last year. I also don't understand the Miss Hawaii hype. Apart from the fact that she is tall and lithe (just like another national beauty I know), she is positively hideous.

In any event, my semi-finalists, in alphabetical order, are:

* California (what's with the "eye" thing though)
* DC (are there any white girls in DC?)
* Florida
* Georgia
* Indiana
* Kansas
* Michigan (they have white girls there?)
* New York
* North Carolina
* Oklahoma
* Rhode Island
* South Carolina
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Utah