Blog Archive

MISS SOUTH AFRICA NEEDS A FACELIFT

Suppose ya'll thought this was going to be some scathing attack on the current title-holder? WRONG! It's about my ideas on how we can restore the Miss SA pageant to it's former glory by improving the production and quality of contestants, and renew public interest. Before I continue, however, I do have an announcement: After 19 years as my least favourite Miss SA ever, Michelle Bruce was "replaced" on the 15th of December 2008. Enough said!

Ok, if you do follow my blog, you're probably becoming very frustrated because this entry has changed every time you "pop in" to check on my latest rant and rave or useless bit of pageant trivia. Problem is, there are so many factors to consider and there is no ONE thing that can be done to fix the problem with the Miss SA pageant.

I doubt that anyone that has even a hint of influence with the pageant or the organisers reads my drivel, so I am quite happy to be tagged as the "obsessive pageant fan that has nothing better to do on a cold, wet day in Cape Town other than to "dis" the pageant at every opportunity" by those who do.

UPDATE! I've changed my mind yet again and, rather than detail what is wrong with the pageant and how it should be corrected, I'm working on an entry outlining my idea of the "perfect" pageant. Since the Miss SA title should be viewed as a role rather than being a role model, it will be presented in "script" form.