Blog Archive

12, 11, 10....9 TO GO

The count-down to my personal Top 15 continues with semi-finalists 12, 11 and 10. And Dominican Republic, Hungary and India have made my list.

I really like Miss Dominican Republic although she could work on her styling that makes her look very mature in some photographs. She should also try a pose other than the "legs apart, one leg extended out" signature pose.

Miss Hungary gives me a Margaret Gardiner vibe, particularly in the photograph above. Since Margaret is my favourite SA Beauty of all-time, Miss Hungary is more than likely to place in my Top 5.

I wasn't too excited about Miss India when she was crowned earlier this year, but what a fabulous transformation. I'm just a bit concerned about her "laisses-faire" attitude in interview. She does not come across as polished as many of her predecessors.