Blog Archive

ONCE UPON A TIME...

...when beauty pageants were just that, BEAUTY pageants, Nicole Flint would have been a hot favourite to walk away with the Miss SA crown. Alas, beauty pageants, particularly in South Africa, are more about acknowledging demographics, helping chickens cross the road, and the extent to which contestants are willing to bow down to the organisers and kiss their feet (ok, so I meant butts).

Whilst I stand by my earlier prediction that on neutral territory and in a parallel universe Nicole would be Miss SA, unfortunately this little "master-piece" would look out of place at the 2010 "exhibition" and a more "theme appropriate" winner will be crowned. Hopefully the crappy Cape weather has just suppressed my serotonin levels and I am being unnecessarily pessimistic.