Blog Archive

MISS SA'S OFFICIAL OUTFITS

With all the secrecy surrounding Miss South Africa's official wardrobe for Miss Universe, I was honestly expecting fantastic outfits to match her exquisite beauty. Sadly, it was not to be.

I quite like the national costume, but I would lose the "doek" and replace it with the customary "isicholo" and add gold neck-bands and bangles to stress the "green and gold" theme.

The less said about the "granny frock" that is the evening gown, the better. Let's just say that Edith Venter wears sexier gowns to funerals. Perhaps Nicole's family, friends and fans should start a silver collection so that she can pick up a Sherri Hill in Vegas. Even an average gown from this much-maligned house of fashion would be an improvement.

I suppose the "A-set" friends of the designers are all gushing and fawning over these outfits. I'll just sit quietly in the corner and vomit in my mouth.