Blog Archive

Miss Mexico Universe 2011 Karin Cecilia Ontiveros Meza Aims for Miss Universe 2011

Mexican beauty’s goal is to win the international competition

The preparation of Mexican beauty queen Karin Ontiveros, who was crowned Nuestra Belleza Mexico 2010 last September, has already started. Ontiveros said that her goal is to become her country’s third Miss Universe.



“We started the pageant training in January. I am attending hair and make-up lessons; I used to be someone who settled with only mascara and lipgloss, but now I have to put an effort into it”.

“It is not that difficult, I am an industrial designer, so I am familiar with a lot of these things. It just a matter of getting used to it” said Ontiveros, who will compete in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant to take place in Brazil next September.

Karin wishes to become Mexico’s third Miss Universe, something that she sees happening; even though she had doubts about participating in a beauty competition, the victory of Jimena Navarrete last year, raised her hopes.

“I joined the pageant after Jimena won, very deservingly. We both were models in Guadalajara and worked together in some fashion shows”.

“I really don’t like to annoy her asking for advice; but ever since the beginnig, she told me that the only thing I had to do, was to be myself”.

She said “Prepare yourself well. There is no magic formula, except just being who you are. If they like you, you will be up there; if not, then that’s another story. Just don’t try and pretend to be something you are not, because they notice that”.

Ontiveros, with a stunning height of 1.80 meters, will be part of a group of 85 beautiful women who will arrive in Sao Paulo in late August to take part in this year’s competition.

Special thanks and credits to GlobalBeauties & Terra Mexico