Blog Archive

MEET MISS INDIA SA

Miss India SA, Bonnita Samputh, will be representing South Africa at the Miss India Worldwide pageant in Dubai soon. Since I am a huge fan of India beauty, I am publishing this release at the request of the Miss India South Africa promotions company:

ABOUT BONNITA SAMPUTH

Current Location: Gauteng, Randburg

Tertiary Institution: The Design school of Southern Africa, Boston City Campus.
Tertiary Qualifications: Interior designing, Communication Science 1, Radio 1, Advertising 1, Journalism 1
Year of Study : 2008–2010
Currently working at Investec as Operational Risk Coordinator.

Bonnita has always been an extrovert and desired to be Miss World from the age of 5. From a young age, Bonnita started doing Ramp Modeling (Fashion shows ) for free just to get some exposure . She then got an opportunity to do a magazine shoot alongside other ladies for Transformation corporation (a gym wear line).

Bonnita decided to enter the regional round first (Miss India Gauteng) where she won 2nd Princess and Best Personality. She then had automatic entry to Nationals In Durban (Miss India South Africa) where she won “Best Talent” award and the prestigious title of Miss India SA 2010.

Bonnita performed a fusion of Arabian and Indian dance to the sounds of Jai Ho by the Pussycat dolls and AR Rahman. This is a very important round in the Pageant.

Miss India South Africa Pageant promotes Arts and Culture. This allows for a female to be a well rounded individual and indicates fitness. “I chose this talent simply because it is what I am good at and that it represents both the art of Arabian dancing and the Indian Culture”.

PREPARING FOR MISS INDIA WORLDWIDE


I have been keeping in touch with current affairs and making sure that my general knowledge is up to date. I also have been practicing my talent segment a lot and I recite my stage introduction over and over again when I am driving or a few minutes before bed.

I often pretend I am on the stage with my hairbrush to my mouth, answering questions in front of the mirror. I will also attend a finishing school to make sure that my manners, posture and charm are at an international level.

I have met Mr Paul Mashatile (Minister of Arts and Culture) and Mr Fikele Mbalula (Minister of Sport), where they had invited me to be an ambassador to travel South Africa while promoting “Magnificent Friday”. We promote social cohesion; teach our youth and children about our national symbols and the importance of singing the South African national anthem with pride.

I am also actively involved in a Charity group at work where I take on many projects, a few of these include: A donation to a Junior Cricket team in Florida, Pamper Packs for ladies who have been a Victim of Human- trafficking and currently building a Kiddies day care centre in Diepsloot. I also run the JP Morgan Charity run every year.

PASSIONS AND PLANS

My Passion is by far dealing with underprivileged children… I find such joy in helping them because they are so grateful for anything you give them and I believe that they should have all the things that a child needs in order to have a healthy life and a full “Love Tank.”

My plans for my reign is to make the most of it and bring attention to the things that we often forget about in our daily routine, with the help of the Minster of Arts and Culture. I want to help bring a unity in South Africa and work together to fight poverty.