Blog Archive

MISS UNIVERSE GREAT BRITAIN 2011 CONTESTANT - Jennifer-Ellen Batson


I am truly honoured to be given the opportunity of competing for the Miss Universe GB 2011 title! This will be my first ever competition! After secondary school, I achieved my National Diploma in Fine Art followed by my bachelor degree in Fine Art Printmaking at The University of Brighton. I became a volunteer in Tanzania during my summer holidays where I raised money and helped build a school for the under privileged local children of Rau. I have three jobs to pay the bills. I currently work as a Land Referencer where I studied and gained a Certificate in Land Law and will soon be training as a croupier. I also do promotional work and work in a pub. As a dyslexia sufferer I have had to overcome this disability, which has been hard and would love to show people that anyone can achieve anything no matter what their disability is. I am a happy, outgoing, giving person and love sporting activities. I also find time to run to raise money for many charities and I train in Muay Thai. I think every woman should learn a mixed martial art for self-defence. I stand for the ‘today’ woman: independent and hard working.


Special thanks and credits to www.missuniversegb.co.uk