Blog Archive

MISS USA 2009 REVIEW

Just when I thought there was no place left in the world for beautiful blondes, Donald Trump and the MUO has restored my faith in beauty pageants with the crowning of the gorgeous Miss North Carolina as the new Miss USA. And Miss California, a blonde, was first runner-up!

I strongly doubt that Donald Trump and I would ever be "friends" in the unlikely event that I ever moved in the same circles as he does. To be perfectly honest, I don't even like the man from what I've read, and seen on television.

Be that as it may, I do admire the man for his exceptional business acumen, as well as his ability to spot a beautiful woman in a crowd. Love him or hate him, he knows beauty and doesn't care much for "in" words and phrases like beauty redefined or unique or exotic or different.

Miss California should have handled her response to the judges question with a little more diplomacy. Whilst she is entitled to her opinion, she forgot the "time and place" rule and has probably envoked the ire of all the Hollywood Queens, and has put paid to any hopes of a career in show business.

I was a bit disappointed that my favourite, Miss Texas, only made the Top 10, but I did have North Carolina in my Top 5. It was with great joy that I discovered that the over-hyped, poker-faced Miss Hawaii failed to make the Top 15. Just never saw her doing as well as her vocal fans predicted.

Let's hope Donald applies the "physical beauty before all else" rule at Miss Universe as well. It is a beauty pageant and not a model or personality contest after all.